It’s that time again. Well, it’s actually quite past that time for my lovely co-hosts who are all more organized and less of a procrastinator than I am, it seems. Anyway, Tucker didn’t nap today and I ate way too much for lunch so here goes. Also, I’m feeling really overwhelmed. I love this, and I never want to give it up. I love it, I love you guys and having writing deadlines feeds me in a way that food doesn’t (and that’s a note to you, food, to stop being so alluring when I’m obviously overfed and there are starving people all over the planet).
Moving on. This week, I’m thankful for:
1. The lovely amazing Joy, from I Can Say Mama. She was kind enough to allow some of us to guest post for her while she is busy traveling in Austria. While I am totally and completely jealous about her lovely vacation, I’m also very excited that she’s getting a well-deserved break. In honor of country-hopping as they do in Europe, and the fact that, here in the USA, we state-hop, I wrote a little piece about how Europeans “have kittens” while us big ol’ Americans “have a cow.” Pop over and check it out and please wish Joy a lovely trip while you’re there!
2. I’m thankful that Joy started blogging. I know she was my number one on this list. But come on, friends, how wonderful is it that sometimes, we write, and it actually reaches somebody half-way across the globe, makes her know that she’s not alone, and inspires her to start her own blog that has a life more amazing and powerful than I’d ever even dreamed of when thinking I’d write a memoir? That’s what blogging is about. Additionally, I planned on writing a special post, asking you all to please go visit her on Friday and life got in the way. (sorry, Joy)
3. I’m thankful that Rich Rumple didn’t hire a contract killer to off me this week, because we planned something half-assed amazing for you and I totally flaked. I’m thankful that he’s still my friend. Even if he’s mailing me Gabriela’s catshits to express that he’s not alone in his disappointment with me.
4. I’m thankful that our lovely host, Lizzi, has awarded me with the soft-porn award. I’m not quite sure if this award means that she loves me or wants to see if I’m weird enough to display her creepy boob button, but I’m thankful that I can sincerely call her a dear friend. Also, if there are those of you who have awarded me stuff since March, and I haven’t acknowledged it yet, read this and know that it’s not you. It’s me. It’s me who is the asshole. Mkay?
5. I’m thankful that I was required to eek this lame thankful post out at the last minute, because it means that I:
6. Spent some awesome playground time with Tucker this weekend,
7. Spent some excellent time with my new IRL friend who may have just inspired me to get off my ass and actually finish one of the books that live in my brain this fall,
8. Bought Tucker a Big Boy mattress, knowing that he may be ready but also freaking out about the fact that this is going to take sleep disruptions to an entirely new level, at least for a while, and
9. That I’m considering turning down work because I am lucky enough to say that I may just have more than enough…which I know is not the case for all and therefore am blessed and thankful… and,
10. You’re still here, despite the fact that this is the dumbest post ever. Blame it on In Real Life. Or blame it on Lizzi. Because I think she just might like that, at least a little bit. Oh. And please? Go visit Joy. I suck that I didn’t pimp this earlier.
Also? I’m thankful for the fact that last weekend, Tucker found awesomeness in a bus ride at a fair.