Are you a blogger who thinks that Linkie parties suck? That people just dump links and move on without ever reading other people’s posts? Well, when it comes to a lot of linkie parties, you’re right. This one is different though.
Finish the Sentence Friday Writing Prompt
Finish the Sentence Friday is an activity for writers and bloggers to link up with essays that finish the sentence prompt. The community of people who participate are warm, engaging and often read every single post. It’s a place where writing is celebrated, for whatever it is and never too overwhelming with hundreds of links.
- Anybody can join the Finish the Sentence Friday Writing Prompt, as long as the sentence is referenced. No need to begin your piece with the sentence as long as it follows the theme. We’re easy (like we were in college) that way.
- Acknowledge that your post was written for Finish the Sentence Friday and link to your hosts. I’m your host each week and feature other writers and bloggers as co-hosts. You can say “This was written for Finish the Sentence Friday hosted by Finding Ninee” with a link to http://www.findingninee.com.
- We go live at 10pm eastern every Thursday night (although we slack in the summer and skip holiday weeks). If you’re a host, please go live then. If you’re participating, go live whenever you want until the following Sunday, around noon.
- To get a shot at co-hosting, join our Facebook group, and give us some sentence ideas.
- If you’re co-hosting, I’ll IM you the special magical linkie code at some point before we’re live. You paste it into your “text editing” area of your blog (not the live mode) and you’re good. You can pre-enter your link manually by clicking on the blue button and entering your URL.
- Easy, yes? And so so worth it. I promise.
- Visit as many of the links as you can. If we get too large for this, I’ll cap it but right now, it’s a good sized group.
Below are my answers to the Finish the Sentence Friday Writing Prompt. Some, you’ll see, follow the sentence exactly. Others, I take great liberties with. If you think you’d like to join this writing prompt, please consider joining us on our Facebook page. I post the upcoming prompts and offer spots for co-hosts weekly(ish).