There are moments, people, and situations that I am thankful for every day. They include Tucker, Robert, family, friends, blogging, and you. On this particular weekend, I am thankful for…
- Robert taking Tucker to the backyard, the carwash and the playground so that I was able to indulge in a much needed, 3-hour-long, ridiculously expensive hair appointment that made me feel prettier than I have in months.
- That Deb from Urban Moo Cow reminded me to be compassionate with myself this week. Because of her words, rather than number one on this list looking like this today:
- It looks like this:
- That those who knew me when I wore blue eye shadow continue to be my friends.
- Text. I failed at a New Year’s resolution yesterday and was able to use this amazing bit of technology to alert my friend that I still have not figured out how to remain accident-free and that we would not be meeting her and her son at the bounce house after all. The awesome conversation that flowed from our fingers afterward.
- That the twists and turns in the roads of my life have brought me to where I am today.
- Adrenaline. It allows me to morph from a screaming arm flailing scardey-cat to a deadly spider assassin within mere seconds. As in, faster than Clark becomes Superman. Please do not comment that spiders are nice and should be freed to live in the wild of my backyard, because they are not nice. They would hide, find me later, crawl deep into my ear canal, nest, and lay 1,001 spider babies.
- That Tucker said “Bye, Mommy.” Without tears.
- Sleeping in this morning.
- Tucker understanding imaginative play.
UPDATE: It goes without saying that the people who have hosted and linked up with us today are incredible and amazing and lovely, lovely people. With that said (even though I said that it goes without saying and then said it anyway), I want to give an extra shout-out. If you guys aren’t familiar with my amazing friends Kerri from Undaignosed but OK and Courtney from Our Small Moments, check them out. They both linked up with us today and I want to say that I am so thankful for their wisdom and friendship. You may remember Kerri as an Our Land contributor but I wonder whether some of you know Courtney. Courtney humbled me today. She found some beautiful things to be thankful for in spite of her living in uncertainty and fear while supporting her sweet and goofy husband’s battle with that terrifying bastard we call cancer.
This has been a link up with The Considerer’s from Considering’s Ten Things of Thankful. Join us. Tell us what you’re thankful for.